Runrunrunrun...
It's been kinda quiet out there in tri-blog land lately, so I figured I'd babble something onto my page.
Went for a 3-mile run this morning and I don't know if it was because of the weight training I did yesterday or because I didn't drink as much water as usual, but it was ROUGH!
The second I started out, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. My legs felt really heavy, like big old logs hanging from my hips and they just didn't really want to move. I ended up walking once or twice.
And it doesn't help that my heart rate monitor is being wonky. It'll get stuck on one number, say 174, and doesn't change, even though I am CERTAIN my heart rate is either far higher or far lower than the readout (okay, usually higher). Then I will jiggle everything around a bunch and it will go to 00 and stay there for about 5 minutes before going back to recording until it gets stuck again a few minutes later. It drives me nuts and it's not like my hrm is old. It's a Polar and I just bought it maybe four or five months ago. Grrr!
I think what made my tough run even tougher, though, is that my last two runs were really, really good. I had sub 10:00 pace 3-mile run last Thursday and a great 10:00ish pace 4-mile run on Sunday that wasn't too hard, but just really nice. Then I got out there today and it was blah. But that's how it goes, I guess. I need to do some speedwork or something, because there's not enough progress being made for my taste!
Tomorrow is cross-training and I am looking forward to taking my bike out for an hour. It's been a couple weeks since I've ridden, so it will be fun to see how humbled I will be.
8/29 @ 6:15a: Running, 3 miles, 31:38s
8/28 @ 7:30a: Strength Training
- 2x12 lat pulldown
- 2x12 leg extension
- 2x12 leg curl
- 2x12 bench press
- 2x12 squat
- 2x12 lateral raises
- 2x12 calf raises
- 2x12 dumbbell pullover
- 2x12 rear lunges
- 2x12 bicep curls
- 2x12 tricep extensions
- 2x12 leg press
8/27 @ 10:00a: Running, 4 miles, 41:22

3 Comments:
Isn't it weird when your body throws you for a curve? I had a 3.1 mile run that felt waaaay harder than a 6.25 mile run. Very strange. I guess part of the mental game is being able to handle the mini-ups and downs that come with training!
Miss Jenny, you are more of a blog slacker than I!
How's the training for the half marathon going? Are you still lifting?
We need an update!
Where oh where is Miss Jenny!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home