A good day
With highs today at almost 100 and a heat index of 110 (which I suppose just means that it's really freaking hot AND really freaking humid), I am very thankful that I've alway s been one to train in the morning.
I went out for a spin before work this morning and it was really nice. It was fun to be out on my bike knowing that she and I did pretty well in a race situation. Now I feel like we're kind of a team. I hope she'll treat me well in two weeks, when I try to get her to carry me for 100 miles, even though I've never ridden for more than 45!
After my bike ride and before work, I stopped off at the dentist for my 6-month checkup. No cavities!
And tonight, Randy and I are walking with other people in our neighborhood for this "take back the streets" kind of thing, a symbolic challenge to some of the sketchy behaviors that are happening around town. Fortunately for us, we live on the fringes of the neighborhood and not where the real stuff is going down, but we still wanted to show our support. There's a lot of effort lately to create some community solidarity and I think that's awesome!
Today is a good day.
7:00am - Cycling, 16mi, 17mph avg.

1 Comments:
Good for you, girl! Look how far you have come.
I think I remember the day you wrote about not wanting to ride alone. You rocked that bike race course and it shows you were training!
Post a Comment
<< Home