I know, I know...
I SAID I wasn't going to do another tri this year. But then someone put a bug in my ear about the Wilmington YMCA triathlon.
It looks pretty easy, except for the swim. Not sure I'm ready for DOUBLE the length of the swim I just did. But I have heard that, because you're swimming with the current and because of the buoyancy of the ocean water, it's actually pretty fun. And I do like the idea of a flat bike course, because I the hills are always what kill my time on the bike.
Any of you planning to do this race? Any thoughts or advice?
Also, any suggestions on how I can become a better swimmer in the next two months??
7am: 35min elliptical

4 Comments:
good luck with your tri, i would definitely recommend a wetsuit for the swim, the buoyancy helps so much, i would just do drills in the pool 4x25, then 6x25 and up from there, 4 x 50, etc
good luck
~R
See, I knew you'd want to do another one! You've got the disease now.
I bet Freeze is going to do that one, post a comment on her blog. Her parents live in Wilimgton. She's great too. She was there for me at my very first tri and she will cheer for ya, LOUD! That's why I love her. :)
I know you can do it! Remember how much you enjoyed your boogie board?
Congrats with finishing your first tri, and GL on your second one! I've only played in the ocean, never swam in a race, sounds exciting!
Hi Jenny,
I am planning on doing 2 tris a month apart. I am anxious to see what a difference a month can make. Also, this is a lot of work for 1 event...
Can't wait to hear what you decide to do.
Post a Comment
<< Home